|Spring Choosing Health!® Rally
Saturday, May 2, 2015
1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Fenner Nature Center, Lansing, MI
(Click HERE for event flyer.)
Healthy Lifestyle Resources
Taste of Health & Healthy Eating Demonstrations
FIT Check & Mini-Massages
Fitness Mini-Classes & Children's Activities
The Spring Choosing Health!® Rally was featured on WLNS Channel 6 News.
About the Rally
The Capital Area Health Alliance partnered with Fenner Nature Center to host the Spring Choosing Health!® Rally on Saturday, May 2, 2015. The Rally took place at the Fenner Nature Center at 2020 E. Mount Hope Avenue, Lansing, Michigan, and we were set up inside the Nature Center as well as outdoors along its beautiful grounds and trails.
Over 530 adults and kids came out to discover community resources related to healthy lifestyles, from camps and gardening classes to martial arts and health insurance! The also got to take walks around Fenner's trails and see what programs Fenner had to offer.
Participating Restaurants and Organizations included:
- Allen Neighborhood Center
- Alzheimer's Association
- Capital Area Center for Independent Living
- Capital Area District Libraries
- Capital Area Health Alliance
- Community Mental Health Authority
- Creative Wellness
- Enroll America
- Fenner Nature Center
- Gateway Youth Services
- Greater Lansing African American Health Institute
- Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital/AL!VE
- Ingham County Health Department
- Ingham County Parks
- Ingham Great Start Collaborative
- Lansing Hoops
- Lansing Latino Health Alliance
- Lansing Parks and Recreation
- Lettuce Live Well
- Michigan Fitness Foundation
- MSU College of Human Medicine
- MSU Extension
- MSU Student Organic Farm
- National Council on Alcoholism
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan
- NexCare Health Systems
- Panera Bread (Lansing Mall)
- PGPA Pharmacy
- Physicians Health Plan of Mid-Michigan
- School-Community Health Alliance of Michigan
- The Davies Project for Mid-Michigan Children
- The Garden Project
- Tri-County Office on Aging
- Velocity Martial Arts
- Women's Center of Greater Lansing
- YMCA of Metropolitan Lansing
- Zaytoon Mediterranean
Activities at the Choosing Health!® Rally included:
- Children’s Activities & Scavenger Hunt, presented by Fenner Nature Center
- Enhanced Fitness & Zumba Demonstrations, presented by the YMCA
- Fun with Parachutes (for kids), presented by the YMCA
- Make Your Own Fruit Kabobs, presented by MSU Extension
- Hula Hoop Dance, presented by Lansing Hoops
- Self-Defense Mini-Class, presented by Velocity Martial Arts
- Health Assessments, presented by Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital
- Chair Massages, presented by Creative Wellness
- Healthy Living Displays from over 35 area organizations
- Let's Walk & Talk with a Doctor, presented by the Capital Area Health Alliance and featuring a walk around Fenner's trails with Dr. Glen Ackerman
- Good Form Walking Clinic, presented by Playmakers
- Taste of Health, featuring healthy food samples from Panera Bread and Zaytoon Mediterranean
- Healthy Snacks, donated by Grace Hospice, Meijer, and Monticello's Market & Butcher Shop
Download a full SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES.
THANK YOU to our generous sponsors: Adams Outdoor Advertising, Fenner Nature Center, Grace Hospice, MI Healthier Tomorow, Meijer, Monticello's Market & Butcher Shop, Subway, and Walgreens.
If your organization is interested in having a display table at a future Rally, or if you would like more information, please contact the Capital Area Health Alliance at CAHealthAlliance@aol.com or 517-347-3377.
FOR PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS
This is a great opportunity to not only promote the resources and spring/summer activities of local organizations, but also help create a culture of healthy lifestyles in the Capital Area. The Choosing Health® movement marks a step forward for the Capital Area. It’s an opportunity for health professionals, organizations and businesses to work together to encourage, educate and inspire Capital Area residents to seek health and wellness for their families, neighborhoods and themselves.
We would like to invite local organizations and businesses to set up a display table for your organization at the event to expose the community to healthy lifestyle resources and events occurring through your organization. Displays should be dynamic and fun; all appropriate decorations that can fit on 8-foot tables or within a 8-foot space are welcome. To help defray some of the costs of this event, CAHA would like to ask your organization please consider making a contribution for your display table.
To register for a table display, please contact the Capital Area Health Alliance at 517.347.3377 or by email at CAHealthAlliance@aol.com. Please include your name, organization's name, phone number, and email.